Monday, January 23, 2012

Forty Years is a Long Time: By Jan Cherry Cline

It's been 40 years since my high school graduation. Even longer since I lived through those years with young people I thought I knew. Maybe I didn't know them so well, but we were close all the same. As teens in those days we shared more, laughed more, dreamed more and expected more from our futures.

I don't think it's the same for many teens today. It's more about living for the moment, and the future seems more uncertain.

It seemed to me that the world of my high school campus was a sort of magical place - a think tank of ideas and exploration. We said what was on our minds, we thought we could accomplish anything and never once dreamed how hard life could be. Some of us knew what we wanted to be when we grew up and some of us didn't. But that didn't seem to matter because we had each other and we knew everything would just work out somehow ...

Continued at: Jan's blog at Janclinewriter.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment